Parent / Caregiver & Baby
Parent / Caregiver & Baby
Ages 3 months – 12 months
We provide a specially prepared environment with beautiful wooden equipment and selected materials to develop movement, exploration and sociability.
Parents and main caregivers learn communication and observation skills from our trained staff.
Your baby develops trust, self- confidence, curiosity and an authentic sense of self.
Together we discuss aspects of healthy child development. We learn rhymes and touch games to strengthen a good relationship and build upon this at home.
• Helps babies socialize and become familiar with our setting.
• Provides an opportunity for parents and caregivers to share concerns
• Helps support confident and informed parenting/caring for the best start in life.
• Basic trust in the child to be an initiator, an explorer and a self-learner
• An environment for the child that is physically safe, cognitively challenging and emotionally nurturing
• Time for uninterrupted play
• Freedom to explore and interact with other infants
• Involvement of the child in all care activities to allow the child to become an active participant rather than a passive recipient
• Sensitive observation of the child in order to understand his or her needs
• Consistency, clearly defined limits and expectations to develop self control
Class starts at 10:45 am
10:45 – 11:00
Arrival, Updates / Sharing
11:00 – 11:45
Play and Observation
11:45 – 12:00
12:00 – 12:15
Tidy Up / Songs
The Groups support your baby/toddler to be:
• Secure • Competent • Confident
• Curious • Attentive • Exploring
• Cooperative • Peaceful • Focused
• Self-initiating • Resourceful • Involved
• Inner-directed • Aware
*Minimum commitment of a term otherwise classes will be charged at $600 per class and subject to availability
Highgate House School Social Media
“The older two of three our children (Portia and Sean) were very fortunate to attend Highgate House when we were living in Hong Kong. There were many times where we wished that we’d stayed for a couple more years in Hong Kong so that our youngest (Timmy) could also have the benefit of the Highgate education. Here’s why… Highgate is an excellent pre-school. The teachers at Highgate were not just well trained in the ways of Steiner Waldorf, they were also dedicated and highly qualified pr… Read more
“Highgate House shaped me as the mother I am today,I spent my early days as a mother here. Highgate House shaped me as the mother I am today. My kids spent their early days as little people here. Highgate House shaped them as the adults they will be in the future. Highgate House gifted as with the imagination & creativity we have today… Read more